Charger Logistics

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Charger pays fairly promptly - no issues. Is AP getting back to you?
No, I can't seem to get anyone in accounting...

When I called earlier this week I called several times before I got hold of someone, and they were in dispatch... He gave me another number to call for Accounting.

When you call that number, you get two options: #1 for A/R and #2 for A/P... After choosing option 2 the phone rings for a very long time, maybe a full minute... Then voicemail... I have left them 3 messages now.

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
I was able to get in touch with a dispatcher at Charger by email. He responded quickly and somehow got their accounting people to provide a response.

Their response was that my invoice is scheduled for payment and they gave me the date.

The payment date they provided is 96 days after my invoice date...

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
After getting the above near-100 day payment schedule, I wrote back to the 3 individuals at Charger in the chain of emails...

I asked if any of them could tell me why I should be waiting so long for payment...

After a week and a half, still no response from anyone...

Obviously, they don't give a rat's ass.... and it shows...

MLCAR

After getting the above near-100 day payment schedule, I wrote back to the 3 individuals at Charger in the chain of emails...

I asked if any of them could tell me why I should be waiting so long for payment...

After a week and a half, still no response from anyone...

Obviously, they don't give a rat's ass.... and it shows...
WOW, i'd say its time to reach out to the shipper/receiver. Its 2022 absolutely no excuse why payments should ever go past 30 to 45 days. Good luck sir rooting for you.

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
WOW, i'd say its time to reach out to the shipper/receiver. Its 2022 absolutely no excuse why payments should ever go past 30 to 45 days. Good luck sir rooting for you.
Thanks for rooting sir!

And, since you asked... I found reference to "Transplace" on the BOL which makes me suspicious that it may be double-brokered... Or, you know, "co-brokered" as some might call it... haahahaa..

I called a Transplace office and talked to someone who clearly had no clue what I was talking about... She said their company has many offices and sub-companies, yadda yadda... Said I could email her and she would look into it... I did, and never heard back...

I figure since the payment date they have given me is now just mere days away, I am inclined to wait just a little bit longer...

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Hi Jonny, are you submitting your billing through their portal? Its a pain in the ass, but I've never had payments later than 35 days.
I'm not sure, as someone else does that here... I just get involved when someone doesn't pay and 60 days have passed... I didn't hear back from anyone at Charger saying that we didn't submit it correctly, in fact they just never bothered to reply at all when I asked why so late...

If that's the situation, a portal, then I don't want to deal with them anyway... Like you said, pain in the ass!

There are many many brokers out there who accept invoices by email, pay in a reasonable time frame, and respond to carriers when we inquire about payment...

We will get our loads from those types of brokers.