Client won't pay his invoice

Beep Beep

Just my 2 cents worth...
What can 8 skids spots be worth, $1,500?
I would have delivered it and taken the loss and moved on, never to do business with them again.
So much less stress that way.

NTravels

The 8 skid spots was worth twice that roughly, but then once it turned into 20 skid spots - well you can do the math. Appreciate the input though, always appreciated.

Jim L

FIrst you should identify the owner of the freight. Somewhere these goods were purchased and sold and the transportation is the final step. Who is supposed to pay for the freight doesn't matter as much as the person who wants the freight. At this point in time the owner of the freight will be the only one to make the decision and either pay for the transportation or tell someone that they are contractually obliged to pay it.

Find out who owns the freight and ask them to assist in getting this resolved.

Meleei

I believe that once your bill towards someone surpasses a certain value you can claim cargo to be able to sell towards outstanding bills. We are currently working through this process with a lawyer.

NTravels

I believe that once your bill towards someone surpasses a certain value you can claim cargo to be able to sell towards outstanding bills. We are currently working through this process with a lawyer.

Thanks for the insight. I assume your situation is somewhat similar to ours?