Dispatch Software List

Paul S

Staff member
Anyone still looking for a TMS? I have an amazing solution coming out in about 60 days that is easy to use and can manage your dispatch like nothing on the market. message me if interested

SCLBC

Anyone still looking for a TMS? I have an amazing solution coming out in about 60 days that is easy to use and can manage your dispatch like nothing on the market. message me if interested
Paul,

I would be interested in learning more about this solution, whats it called?

SCLBC

How is Avaal and Transplus for asset? We use tailwind, use to like it but we have almost tripled our fleet since we first got it and now we find it cumbersome and tedious to use.

BPOVFB

Transplus, it works, it's doable - missing a few modern features mind you, but it does the job. Not sure I would jump to it, but it works.

BPOVFB

The UI is drab, EDI is weak , Visual Dispatch/Resource leaves something to be desired, Limited .API capacities, The "cargo description" and order input is a bit tedious and cannot be narrowed or searched based on dims.

Much better options, but if you're just doing TL Van work, maybe this is right for you! (we're not)

SCLBC

The UI is drab, EDI is weak , Visual Dispatch/Resource leaves something to be desired, Limited .API capacities, The "cargo description" and order input is a bit tedious and cannot be narrowed or searched based on dims.

Much better options, but if you're just doing TL Van work, maybe this is right for you! (we're not)

I think AVAAL is probably the way to go and looks like they update it frequently and will add features for you if you want. I did a demo a year ago and just did another recently and it is night and day, so many changes, and has gained lot of the features that we wanted but avaal didn't have at that time. Also, I may add, it's surprisingly snappy for web-based software, with tailwind there is so much waiting around for pages to load that it adds a few minutes to each task.

HeroMarcus

I think AVAAL is probably the way to go and looks like they update it frequently and will add features for you if you want. I did a demo a year ago and just did another recently and it is night and day, so many changes, and has gained lot of the features that we wanted but avaal didn't have at that time. Also, I may add, it's surprisingly snappy for web-based software, with tailwind there is so much waiting around for pages to load that it adds a few minutes to each task.
We currently us Avaal for the brokerage side and our Transport side is making it's transition on Monday.

It has great features, the only issues with it (at least for our company) are;
We have a separate company for our Highway trucks and for our Local trucks. You can have multiple divisions under one company name, but it only syncs to one Quickbooks online if you use that (we do)
The Quickbooks online token for us disconnects and you have to go through that process every so often.
The Accounting system is very robust, but you have to have an item to work with anything and can't record transfers. It's great for single company groups. But for us we need to sync it out of there into QBO (which everything is synced over properly so there is no manual work on that side) so we can do transfers and reconciliations. You do have to press the Sync button manually for each tab, but that really isn't cumbersome - takes maybe 45 seconds to switch through each tab and press the button.

Overall it's great though, the planning screen and asset tracking screen is handy, and it integrates with our ELD provider (Samsara) so you can pull up the locations and logs in each trip.

SCLBC

We currently us Avaal for the brokerage side and our Transport side is making it's transition on Monday.

It has great features, the only issues with it (at least for our company) are;
We have a separate company for our Highway trucks and for our Local trucks. You can have multiple divisions under one company name, but it only syncs to one Quickbooks online if you use that (we do)
The Quickbooks online token for us disconnects and you have to go through that process every so often.
The Accounting system is very robust, but you have to have an item to work with anything and can't record transfers. It's great for single company groups. But for us we need to sync it out of there into QBO (which everything is synced over properly so there is no manual work on that side) so we can do transfers and reconciliations. You do have to press the Sync button manually for each tab, but that really isn't cumbersome - takes maybe 45 seconds to switch through each tab and press the button.

Overall it's great though, the planning screen and asset tracking screen is handy, and it integrates with our ELD provider (Samsara) so you can pull up the locations and logs in each trip.

We just switched, let's see how it goes. So far I really like it, everything seems pretty simple and straightforward to use. Our accounting really likes it so far, far better than tailwinds accounting section.

HeroMarcus

We just switched, let's see how it goes. So far I really like it, everything seems pretty simple and straightforward to use. Our accounting really likes it so far, far better than tailwinds accounting section.
o it's leagues above Tailwind. I would say it's about 70-80% capable in comparison to a full accounting system.

If you work with an accountant, then you really don't need another accounting system as it keeps track of everything.

For us we don't, we do it in house so that's why we need the other system to help with the reconciliations and taxes so we don't need to calculate manually.

LoadCAN519

Hey Paul, did your TMS solution come through? I am still very interested to take a look.

bellcitytransport

Looking to hear about everyone's experience with AVAAL. For those that are using it, any limitations you wish you had known in advance?

Jane D

Does anyone know of a system that integrates directly with CBP & CBSA for ACE & ACI submissions?
Freight Logics does but its old and there is no longer any support available & none of the new ones we have looked into have this capability.

Jim L

Does anyone know of a system that integrates directly with CBP & CBSA for ACE & ACI submissions?
Freight Logics does but its old and there is no longer any support available & none of the new ones we have looked into have this capability.
We use TransPlus Systems - FleetManager. This software works with ACE/ACI with the odd hiccup once in a while.