Great Lakes Broker

T800

LOL that is Nick from ABACUS TRUCKLINES. They shut the doors after screwing a bunch of truckers and then started up Great Lakes. He gets most of his freight of USHIT also known as USHIP.

Tramp1947

Nice to know a trucking co. can just shut its doors and continue to screw people. I actually did one load for this guy and didn't think it was to bad. But he sure made up for it on load #2.
Is there a way to file a complaint with this Ushit outfit?
of course from what have heard about them it probably wouldn't do much good anyway.

BillD

Nice to know a trucking co. can just shut its doors and continue to screw people. I actually did one load for this guy and didn't think it was to bad. But he sure made up for it on load #2.
Is there a way to file a complaint with this Ushit outfit?
of course from what have heard about them it probably wouldn't do much good anyway.

Uship will only get involved if the vendor speaks directly to the purchaser and cuts out uship.

Uship is extremely competitive and rates get beaten down to less than cost all the time so I have a hard time believing that Nick skims 50% off loads. I am not defending anyone, in fact I have never dealt with ether the former or the present outlet. I feel that it is not fair to make accusations without evidence.

Hopefully this link will allow you to do some research prior to trashing someone who is trying to stay within the industry while leaving another company with a bad rep.

http://insidetransport.com/index.php?threads/abacus-truck-lines.12824/#post-63274

I have bidded against Abacus on Uship before, the rates they plug into Uship I would not even bother answering my phone if they called. How they even make a margin is beyond me.

Hope this helps and best of luck!!

Bill.

Tramp1947

Thanks for the reply Bill.. I do not intend to " BAD MOUTH " this or any other broker.
My only dealings with this are from the customers side. I was hired to haul a load from point to point that would have been a legal load on my ultra low trailer. When I got to pick up the shipment it was NOT anywhere close to being what I was contracted for. When I explained to the customer that I couldn't haul it he informed me that he had already PAID OUT a down payment to both Ushit and Nick. We asked Nick to be paid for the deadhead miles and he offered $X. It was shortly after that the customer called me directly to haul it with my Small truck. He is the one who told me what the ACTUAL rate was in the beginning and how much Nick had charged him for my dead heading to get the load.. The difference between the two rates was the 48%. As I stated in the beginning.
So YES it is all hear say. But from the man who was paying the bill to start off with. The money that he offered me to use my small truck to haul it was almost 70% more than Nick had offered to do it with the Big Truck .

Since I am no longer in the business anymore. ( sold my truck and it just left with it's new owner ) All this is now mute. I just wanted to try and stop someone else from getting screwed over by this guy and a few others.
Sorry if I offended you.

BillD

Thanks for the reply Bill.. I do not intend to " BAD MOUTH " this or any other broker.
My only dealings with this are from the customers side. I was hired to haul a load from point to point that would have been a legal load on my ultra low trailer. When I got to pick up the shipment it was NOT anywhere close to being what I was contracted for. When I explained to the customer that I couldn't haul it he informed me that he had already PAID OUT a down payment to both Ushit and Nick. We asked Nick to be paid for the deadhead miles and he offered $X. It was shortly after that the customer called me directly to haul it with my Small truck. He is the one who told me what the ACTUAL rate was in the beginning and how much Nick had charged him for my dead heading to get the load.. The difference between the two rates was the 48%. As I stated in the beginning.
So YES it is all hear say. But from the man who was paying the bill to start off with. The money that he offered me to use my small truck to haul it was almost 70% more than Nick had offered to do it with the Big Truck .

Since I am no longer in the business anymore. ( sold my truck and it just left with it's new owner ) All this is now mute. I just wanted to try and stop someone else from getting screwed over by this guy and a few others.
Sorry if I offended you.

Not at all my friend, Thank you so much for clarifying. I am sorry to hear you sold your truck. :(

ONMARST

any one can advise me how to handle current situation,
I have my own DOT with 1 truck and 1 dry van operating since september 2018 since january i m working alone trying to pick load from brokers some time from carrier. but most of the broker needs 1 year dot

loaders

Site Supporter
Onmarst, although it is pricey, I would recommend that you buy a subscription to Load Link. That way you can see all of the loads available from pretty much every broker and carrier. If you see a load that matches what you want to do, service the hell out of whoever is offering it. Make them feel comfortable giving you their freight. It has been mentioned many, many times on this site that success in this industry comes from building and maintaining good relationships. I agree, most brokers, myself included, might shy away from a new carrier with limited experience, especially when there are other carriers available with more years under their belt. There is no magic wand other than do a good job and be honest with everyone you deal with. Good luck.

ONMARST

thank you so much for kind advise but here is again challenges i have been using Load link fro the very first day and i have list of brokers i called them , email them and then follow, every broker is say they occupied already .,after that even i start filter brokers list to make sure who is focusing on what like most of them focus on in bound load some focus on LTL I hardly getting load for outbound.
i just need few brokers for out bound

TransAction

Onmarst, a good start is telling us brokers on here what lanes you are interested in, either LTL and or FTL and perhaps we might be interested in giving you a shot.

ONMARST

Onmarst, a good start is telling us brokers on here what lanes you are interested in, either LTL and or FTL and perhaps we might be interested in giving you a shot.
hello Sir. hope you doing well as far as lane is concerned uptill now i was giving them an open option for any lanes.
should i be more specific like in CENTRAL REGION included cities are Kansas/ Arkansas/ louisiana/ Oklahoma/taxes or should i more specific to particular states in oklahoma like toronto on to oklahoma city ok
please advise

ONMARST

hello Sir. hope you doing well as far as lane is concerned uptill now i was giving them an open option for any lanes.
should i be more specific like in CENTRAL REGION included cities are Kansas/ Arkansas/ louisiana/ Oklahoma/taxes or should i more specific to particular states in oklahoma like toronto on to oklahoma city ok
please advise
i need few brokers to setup any one of you can help me please.