MTS Logistics Mississauga

Brain

I have been working with MTS Logistic for over a year now and they seem to provide the best service to West Coast. Buddy there has to be a reason behind all this BS that you went through, pretty sure MTS would not hold freight unless you did something wrong.

htcollections

Suspended Member
MTS is usually a great carrier. No experience with payment terms but I believe they pay on time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trukker

I have been working with MTS Logistic for over a year now and they seem to provide the best service to West Coast. Buddy there has to be a reason behind all this BS that you went through, pretty sure MTS would not hold freight unless you did something wrong.
Well Brain you just keep on using them then I guess . Customer originally quoted the weight and it doubled but they agreed to take it and I happy paid them almost double for the error in weight . I have no reason to come on here and bastardize any carrier unless warranted . I am both carrier and 3 pl so I am a lot more sympathetic towards carriers then most .

loaders

Site Supporter
There is absolutely never a reason for a carrier to hold anyone's freight hostage.Professional parties conducting legitimate business should never have to resort to such unethical, illegal measures. If a carrier is in legal possession of a shipment and holds a completed Bill of Lading, such activities are never necessary. A carrier who takes part in such practises deserves to be placed on everyone's Do Not Use list.

Brain

listen Buddy, we are all carriers here and brokers. If someone is shipping more freight than they are suppose to we all want extra money no? Am I right or wrong here? We all would hold freight if we are not getting paid by the customer. We all would do the same, no reason to blame a carrier that held this idiots freight hostage. According to the law it is called COD.. If we do not feel safe with a broker we can demand payment up front. You have to be in MTS Position here not Truckker. Well I heard you threaten not to pay the bills after they told you shipment is arriving late. THIS IS LTL BOYS WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF LTL WHERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. THIS SHIPMENT WAS FROM THE STATES AS WELL DELAYS OCCUR AT OTHER PICKS AS WELL. YOU DID NOT PAY EXCLUSIVE DID YOU? NO BUDDY YOU PAID FOR REGULAR LTL SERVICE. PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND. YOUR A BROKER WITH LOW OVERHEAD, CARRIERS HAVE HIGHER OVERHEAD. IF WE DO NOT PAY THE BILLS HOW CAN WE HAVE GREAT CARRIERS AROUND PROVIDING THE SERVICE WE NEED. THINK ABOUT IT ONCE AGAIN

Trukker

listen Buddy, we are all carriers here and brokers. If someone is shipping more freight than they are suppose to we all want extra money no? Am I right or wrong here? We all would hold freight if we are not getting paid by the customer. We all would do the same, no reason to blame a carrier that held this idiots freight hostage. According to the law it is called COD.. If we do not feel safe with a broker we can demand payment up front. You have to be in MTS Position here not Truckker. Well I heard you threaten not to pay the bills after they told you shipment is arriving late. THIS IS LTL BOYS WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF LTL WHERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. THIS SHIPMENT WAS FROM THE STATES AS WELL DELAYS OCCUR AT OTHER PICKS AS WELL. YOU DID NOT PAY EXCLUSIVE DID YOU? NO BUDDY YOU PAID FOR REGULAR LTL SERVICE. PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND. YOUR A BROKER WITH LOW OVERHEAD, CARRIERS HAVE HIGHER OVERHEAD. IF WE DO NOT PAY THE BILLS HOW CAN WE HAVE GREAT CARRIERS AROUND PROVIDING THE SERVICE WE NEED. THINK ABOUT IT ONCE AGAIN
Well I'm guessing by your rant Brain that you are with MTS . As mentioned I am a carrier with lots of overhead and you just validated exactly what I said in previous posts . I'm completely done with you so go hold someone elses freight hostage and good luck with your future endeavours cause I have no guilty conscience .

Brain

Trukker, YOU SEEM LIKE YOUR REALLY STUPID. I AM WITH MTS BECAUSE THEY DID THE RIGHT THING HOLDING YOUR FREIGHT HOSTAGE. YOUR REALLY FUCKED UP BRO !!! IF YOU ARE A CARRIER THAN YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN SOMEONE IS HOLDING YOUR PAYMENT. IF YOU ARE A CARRIER YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHY THE FREIGHT WAS DELAYED. NOW PLEASE DO NOT REPLY HERE AS YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME.

Canadarock

There is absolutely never a reason for a carrier to hold anyone's freight hostage.Professional parties conducting legitimate business should never have to resort to such unethical, illegal measures. If a carrier is in legal possession of a shipment and holds a completed Bill of Lading, such activities are never necessary. A carrier who takes part in such practises deserves to be placed on everyone's Do Not Use list.
Well I'm guessing by your rant Brain that you are with MTS . As mentioned I am a carrier with lots of overhead and you just validated exactly what I said in previous posts . I'm completely done with you so go hold someone elses freight hostage and good luck with your future endeavours cause I have no guilty conscience .

I think Brain told the truth about Trukker. These guys do these kind of practices with carriers and don't pay and sometimes shut down after making money. They don't understand about fuel and driver costs. My opinion for these kind of peoples always COD.

Trukker

I think Brain told the truth about Trukker. These guys do these kind of practices with carriers and don't pay and sometimes shut down after making money. They don't understand about fuel and driver costs. My opinion for these kind of peoples always COD.
WTF are you guys talking about ? All these new members supporting MTS ....LOL . I am a carrier that also does 3 pl . This is amusing to say the least . Anyways Happy Trucking

MikeJr

Staff member
My 2 cents (sometimes worth 3 cents):
Do not name call here - everyone is entitled to their opinion on a topic being discussed. When you resort to name calling, cursing and random rants typically your words hold less weight, despite it feeling good to post.
Short paying (brokers) and holding hostage (carriers) are both horrible practices from both sides of a contract that sounds like it's falling apart. In those instances, does it not make more sense to discuss rationally the details of a shipment, what was agreed vs. what transpired and come to a NEW equitable agreement if necessary? If anyone thinks freight that grows by volume or by weight doesn't require more funds they should be in another industry. If anyone thinks that they get a TL service time for and LTL price they should do the same.

Happy Fr... Oh shoot it's only Thursday...
Mike

Last edited:

EricG

Site Supporter
my 2 cents...

Based on the un-professionalism of this thread and the corporate responsibility of being a good professional corporate citizen, any carrier that conducts business unprofessionally or has their staff act unprofessional in a public forum, will never receive freight from our company again. We used to do a lot of work with this carrier a few years ago, until service started to differ from what we were used too.

I agree MikeJr.... holding freight hostage is wrong, brokers short paying or not paying is wrong.

I'm grateful that our company is ruthless and very strict on issuing credit, we won't accept any terms greater than 30 days, and its worked for us for almost 40 years.... and we don't do COD, either you pay up front with Visa or Mastercard, or you get credit issue, or we don't do the work... very simple business practice. I still don't understand why people are so desperate to take freight that is just going to lead to problems, either operationally or financially, its not like there is a shortage of freight to choose from..... why not just be picky?

loaders

Site Supporter
It is a universal truth that there are 2 sides to every story. In this case, it appears that Trukker has presented his side of the event, but MTS has done nothing more than rant and rave without offering any specifics to support their side of the story. Based on our past experiences with them, and those of other members of this site who have posted on this thread, MTS will maintain their place on our Do Not Use list. Short paying or non paying invoices without justification is illegal and unethical. Holding freight hostage is despicable, disgusting and unprofessional, in addition to being illegal and unethical. Neither of those 2 practices are befitting of the members of this site.

KeyFactor

my 2 cents...

..... why not just be picky?

EricG, as a factoring company, I have many carrier clients that are struggling to find profitable loads. They are part of a highly competitive industry where pricing seems to be going down the toilet and these poor hard working people must fight tooth and nail to make an honest living. After they take loads that pay poorly, they must wait at times 90 days for the invoice to be paid (which increases factoring costs) and then absorb risks such as unpredictable maintenance costs and damage to loads that seem unavoidable (road debris, etc.). I know my clients extremely well and it's hard to see this situation continue to deteriorate with no sign of improvement in sight. I wish it were as simply as telling them to be more picky, but I think that oversimplifies things for many carriers.

Salma

Basically, a carrier-broker relationship is like a marriage. Communication, communication, communication.......
When communication breaks down, when promises are broken and when assumptions are made, trouble ensues.
Unfortunately, in this industry things frequently change at the last minute and we have to deal with it. We all need to be flexible and work together to resolve the problem. If both parties are not sensible, honest, respectful and willing to work with each other then it is better to part ways and move on.
Over-inflated egos and name calling accomplish nothing.
We try to avoid these types of problems by making sure every little nitty-gritty detail is worked out PRIOR to us accepting a load.

JeffC

MTS Logistics just held my freight as well.
Terrible experience. Major miss communications.
I could go on for hours with the lies, improper tracking details, etc...they keep saying they have a 90% plus on time percentage. They are zero out of 4 for me.

We had strict delivery appointments that had to be met...they stated many times they could do it no problem. Later...when 8 hours late or days late delivering they said they thought they did a good job...they stated at least some of them delivered on the same day as I requested...WOW!!!

They held my freight because they did such a bad job they assumed I would not be paying them. There are no guarantees...I understand freight can be late. I pay my carriers regardless. Someone in the past didn't pay them for a bad experience they received so they make everyone pay first when there are issues. After talking to them it seems they have this happen often...constantly delivering late and making promises they can not come through on.
They are one of those companies that just accept all of the possible freight they can get and promise the world. They do not have the ability to think...how are we promising 25 customers 8AM delivery on Monday when we only have 10 trucks to deliver? They just book the freight anyway.

Anyway...this is 2% of the issues I had...I could go on for hours.
I see someone below say the broker must have done something wrong if they held the freight on them...no...this is their common practice...comes right from the owner at MTS.
I think they might be fine if you did not care when your freight got loaded or delivered though.

Trukker

MTS Logistics just held my freight as well.
Terrible experience. Major miss communications.
I could go on for hours with the lies, improper tracking details, etc...they keep saying they have a 90% plus on time percentage. They are zero out of 4 for me.

We had strict delivery appointments that had to be met...they stated many times they could do it no problem. Later...when 8 hours late or days late delivering they said they thought they did a good job...they stated at least some of them delivered on the same day as I requested...WOW!!!

They held my freight because they did such a bad job they assumed I would not be paying them. There are no guarantees...I understand freight can be late. I pay my carriers regardless. Someone in the past didn't pay them for a bad experience they received so they make everyone pay first when there are issues. After talking to them it seems they have this happen often...constantly delivering late and making promises they can not come through on.
They are one of those companies that just accept all of the possible freight they can get and promise the world. They do not have the ability to think...how are we promising 25 customers 8AM delivery on Monday when we only have 10 trucks to deliver? They just book the freight anyway.

Anyway...this is 2% of the issues I had...I could go on for hours.
I see someone below say the broker must have done something wrong if they held the freight on them...no...this is their common practice...comes right from the owner at MTS.
I think they might be fine if you did not care when your freight got loaded or delivered though.
Jeff I feel your pain . That's the exact experience I had