Nord-Deck Transport

MikeJr

Staff member
2 loads in January. They picked up and delivererd both on time. No problemo here.

Keep well,
Mike

markhamboy

Things have changed. Picked up an LTL on the 9th from Brampton to Montreal delivered on the 15th, Yet they told me it was delivered on the 11th. ON OUR DNU LIST.

SirensLair

Just had a bad experience with them. Gave them a load on Tuesday for a pickup on Thursday to MI. Checked on status every day telling me no reported issues. Day of pickup they just do not show. Called and emailed into office, with no reply and finally a lie saying they got stuck at Costco...
No communication …..now on my DNU

NotForHire

Just had a bad experience with them. Gave them a load on Tuesday for a pickup on Thursday to MI. Checked on status every day telling me no reported issues. Day of pickup they just do not show. Called and emailed into office, with no reply and finally a lie saying they got stuck at Costco...
No communication …..now on my DNU
how can they get stuck at Costco , they only have flatbeds/ rolls . they pulled a fast one on you !

Last edited:

MikeJr

Staff member
They did a dry van load for me earlier this month QC - ON. picked up and delivered on time (it was truckload). Most previous business was all FB.

Keep well,
Mike

MikeJr

Staff member
I'm going to have to retract all the nice things I've said above.
Gave them a 2 crate, 4 500 lb exclusive Truckload (flatbed) from ON - PA. Picked up Friday, did not depart over the weekend. No call, no email, nothing.
Crew delivery did not happen yesterday. Arranged them to bring to a crossdock yesterday, had my other carrier on site waiting at the crossdock and an hour later we get an email that their tractor is broken down. These guys are going south fast and I'm not interested in being on that ride. It's off their equipment now and I'm relieved.

I'm trying hard not to use more colourful language, I suppose I've succeeded. DNU for your own sanity.

Keep well,
Mike

markhamboy

I'm going to have to retract all the nice things I've said above.
Gave them a 2 crate, 4 500 lb exclusive Truckload (flatbed) from ON - PA. Picked up Friday, did not depart over the weekend. No call, no email, nothing.
Crew delivery did not happen yesterday. Arranged them to bring to a crossdock yesterday, had my other carrier on site waiting at the crossdock and an hour later we get an email that their tractor is broken down. These guys are going south fast and I'm not interested in being on that ride. It's off their equipment now and I'm relieved.

I'm trying hard not to use more colourful language, I suppose I've succeeded. DNU for your own sanity.

Keep well,
Mike

I'm VERY surprised that you used them after what I had to say about them. They have gone down hill.

loaders

Site Supporter
It never ceases to amaze me how when things go sideways with a shipment, there are still some carriers who think that going radio silent is the right way to handle the situation. Is it embarrassment that things got screwed up, is it because they can’t think of any other option to fix the problem, or is it just plain old “stick your head in the ground” and hope the problem goes away? There are a number of things that distinguishes a good carrier from a not so good one. Certainly nice, well maintained equipment is one, obviously good service and customer relations is another, but in my book, how they resolve problems/screw ups, regardless of who caused them, is the real mark of a top notch transport company. Until someone can discover a way to permanently eliminate shipping problems, learning how to handle them is the only way to go.

tasuinam

It never ceases to amaze me how when things go sideways with a shipment, there are still some carriers who think that going radio silent is the right way to handle the situation. Is it embarrassment that things got screwed up, is it because they can’t think of any other option to fix the problem, or is it just plain old “stick your head in the ground” and hope the problem goes away? There are a number of things that distinguishes a good carrier from a not so good one. Certainly nice, well maintained equipment is one, obviously good service and customer relations is another, but in my book, how they resolve problems/screw ups, regardless of who caused them, is the real mark of a top notch transport company. Until someone can discover a way to permanently eliminate shipping problems, learning how to handle them is the only way to go.
Since we are discussing this - what would be a broker's expectation when there is an unexpected mechanical / weather / driver forgot his passport at home (true story - had to come back from the border and get it 2 hr delay) delay - for example: we had a delivery and the dock was a bit lower so had to adjust trailer height - needed to dump out air with the truck off and that would do it - but there was an issue with the lines. Called the broker for our next load that we will be late due to this - we have called service and are waiting. The broker started yelling telling me that 'you said you were good till this morning bla bla bla.." Which I was good till they saw the dock...anyway... I was constantly on the phone regarding timeline - everything said and done we were 1/2 hr late for the scheduled pick up...all worked out.
So if I had just said we are running late by 1/2 hr I wouldn't have had to listen to his original tirade about not being upfront...which ironically I was...so what would a broker expect from a carrier in an unexpected situation?

Igor Galanter

Since we are discussing this - what would be a broker's expectation when there is an unexpected mechanical / weather / driver forgot his passport at home (true story - had to come back from the border and get it 2 hr delay) delay - for example: we had a delivery and the dock was a bit lower so had to adjust trailer height - needed to dump out air with the truck off and that would do it - but there was an issue with the lines. Called the broker for our next load that we will be late due to this - we have called service and are waiting. The broker started yelling telling me that 'you said you were good till this morning bla bla bla.." Which I was good till they saw the dock...anyway... I was constantly on the phone regarding timeline - everything said and done we were 1/2 hr late for the scheduled pick up...all worked out.
So if I had just said we are running late by 1/2 hr I wouldn't have had to listen to his original tirade about not being upfront...which ironically I was...so what would a broker expect from a carrier in an unexpected situation?

More liky that was a new or a very occasional broker for you. You didn't work together long enough to know each other..
My words as a carrier, eh..