Rates and Feight???

Ruler

Rates way down and no freight is there and light in site?
Finding very hard right now to move trucks at a rate to even cover costs

Nawk

I'm not so sure it's going to take off when things open back up as quickly as people think.

Perhaps some of the smaller and smarter 'non-essential' business owners are much more cautious with their money than they were pre Covid-19.

The government shut them down. their revenue went from 100 to 0.

This could happen again.

It seems to me that they may become very cautious with their money and save some for the next "whatever" so it's not such a struggle for them.

And maybe, the new pick up truck, house, TV or whatever doesn't get purchased this year but that money now gets saved for the next rainy day.

loaders

Site Supporter
Certainly during this lock down, people have been spending a lot less money. No restaurants, less gas purchases, incidental stuff. Yes, online shopping has probably increased with people doing nothing except sitting in front of a computer, but I think overall, people are actually saving money during this crisis.

Michael Ludwig

Speaking of less gas purchases, I know a couple tanker-yankers that haul fuel that are going to close their doors. They've been pretty much out of work for nearly two months.
They guys that survive are going to need to recover margins so that nice narrow spread we have enjoyed these past few years I expect will disappear fairly quickly.

loaders

Site Supporter
Imagine the poor souls that hitched their wagon to supplying aviation fuel! I haven't seen a large passenger plane in the air in weeks.

Michael Ludwig

One of them I was talking about is (soon to be was I think) an aviation fuel hauler ... for China Air no less ... poor buggers.

WALTERK

Still, carriers only have themselves to blame for spoiling brokers like this - this is a free market economy and exploiting stupid is part of the good business plan. Once in a while, they will spill the beans like Brandon as excess leads to carelessness, ignorance and believe that the stupid are too stupid to figure it out. And maybe some are....
By the way, we all know that things will be going back to normal sooner or later, but if you leveraged your operation that you can’t survive a few bad months ( ok terrible) you were playing a roulette with your finances and lost. My big one is extending the credit. 30 days? 60 days? What if they go under? I lost some ‘good’ customers to this - other carriers willing to wait for their money for 60 days!!!! And, cut the rate too!!!

Last edited:

Freight Broker

Sure would like to see the other emails that led to Brandon's arrogant response. Likely someone set him off..still though.. pretty stupid to email that.

Ruler

Well i made that statement and was wrong
but hoping next week is better week for freight and rates