RPM EXPEDITE Double broker stay away!!!

David55

Hi everyone,

I been contacted from this broker few times and I can tell all their prices are double to triple brokers, from my personal experience stay away from them!!!!!

Dario

Can you explain how you can "tell"? Is there more to the story?
Companies that double broker before "disappearing", usually book freight from other brokers under the guise of being a carrier, then double broker the freight at a higher cost then they had. They collect from the broker they booked the load with, and the carrier that performed the job for an above average price gets left high & dry chasing everyone and anyone to try and recoup.

BPOVFB

@Dario - for sure, I understand that part. Just a pretty big accusation using "I can tell" from a few "near" transactions. Need some meat on the bone..

NotForHire

Not really sure how this poster can tell the load is double brokered by the rate. The only way to tell is if you've hauled the load directly for the customer before or you are the customs broker and you know whos paps/pars should be clearing on the docs

David55

This guys they book you and when you go at the pick up another brokers name pumps up and the shipper does not release the load because on have different brokers name. Then you hear the shipper saying we booked different broker not the one you showing us!!!!
Then different time they wanted to pay Kingston to Brampton 8 skids spot 13,000lbs for $200

We have them on DNU list.

NotForHire

Sorry dude - but you dont seem to understand what you are saying. Only a carrier can double broker a load. A broker can co broker...

David55

Sorry dude - but you dont seem to understand what you are saying. Only a carrier can double broker a load. A broker can co broker...
Well I can do my part by warning other carriers by not dealing with them
Their prices are way below market!!!!

LrgCar

We work with RPM Expedite on our asset side and they have always been very fair on their rates and pay their bills on time. I think OP needs to do a little bit more research before throwing out the false double brokerage claims.

loaders

Site Supporter
Ummmm.....I don't think so. Makes no difference if it is a carrier or a broker knowingly selling a shipment to another broker or carrier. "Co-brokering" is just the nice name those who participate in this unethical transaction give to it. If you have a load that you can't move without the help of another broker, you shouldn't be in the business. A carrier, who has to sell one of his loads to another carrier, for that brief moment in time, ceases to be a carrier and becomes a broker.

Jim L

Be careful not to mix up RPM Expedite Inc with RPM Transit or just plain RPM(Transport).

RPM Expedite Inc.
100 Exchange Dr Suite #8, Brampton, ON L6S 0C8
www.rpmexpedite.com
416-465-2229

RPM Transit
84 Ch Keenan, Melbourne, Quebec J0B 2B0
www,rpmtransit.ca
819-826-1661

RPM Transport (Transport RPM)
12705, Rue Du Parc, Mirabel, Quebec J7J 1P3
450-979-3286

The reality in a market where there is an oversupply of trucks is that anybody can book freight, double broker it, (sometimes for more), take quick pay and with the plans of exiting the market not pay the carrier. Brokers should take the time in this market to reach out to the shipper to identify the truck that picked up the freight and if necessary put payment on hold if the name on the truck does not match who the broker originally brokered it to. Definitely question if quick pay is demanded.

Rates are all over the place. I don't think that one can make an assumption of double brokering by just the price alone. If the rate is too low, or too high then carriers have to do the due diligence to see if you hauled the freight before and for whom. If not, look for clues on the BOL or invoice for another carriers name. If it doesn't sound right, then question it.