Toronto Restaurants

Michael K

Question for the members from T.O...Coming down in a few weeks to see some clients among other things. Been to Hy's Steakhouse before(which is great) ..Any other suggestions of great restaurants?

Nawk

Two of my favorite Toronto restaurants...

The Keg Mansion 515 Jarvis Street (416) 964-6609
Grappa Ristorante 797 College Street (416) 535-3337

Have fun.

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
If you want something a little unique and very reasonably priced - try The Old Spaghetti Factory. I love it. Fantastic atmosphere - easy to get to and underground parking right across the street for $6.00.

Their home made bread is delicious - one of those places where everything is included with an entree (bread/salad/dessert). Nice patio to sit and "people watch" also. We've been going there for many years.

Old Spaghetti Factory

Upforit

Restaurants

Question for the members from T.O...Coming down in a few weeks to see some clients among other things. Been to Hy's Steakhouse before(which is great) ..Any other suggestions of great restaurants?

Hy's is very nice, can't go wrong at Keg or Keg Mansion.

My favorite is Bier Market on the Esplanade. Huge beer selection (its a phone book), schnitzel, steak, and bands on Friday/Saturday night. Walking distance to most things, or easy cab ride.
Bier Markt

Sports bar >check out RS sports across from ACC. Largest LCD on the planet, tv's everywhere. Great sports crowd.
Real Sports

Another high end steak house is Barberians. http://www.barberians.com/ This was the go to place when the Leafs played at the Gardens. Small place, been around since 1959, you won't be disappointed.

Wylee

Site Supporter
Downtown Dining

Harbor 60 Steakhouse...steaks and one of the best wine lists in the city located just south of the ACC between Bay and York.

O&B's Northeast corner of Front and Yonge Street

The Pearl - great Chinese food with a fantastic view of the Toronto Harbour located in the Terminal building Southwest corner of Queens Quay and York St

Scaramouche - Avenue Rd and Davenport (best meal I have ever had)

Toronto is a fantastic city for dining out...

Last edited by a moderator:

faey06

Site Supporter
wow!!!! So many great suggestions, it's better than a food guide. I will use these too. Thank you

theman

Toronto is such a big city -- it actually depends on where you are in the city, really.

If you're downtown, Hy's is really good, Barberian's is not bad either, Harbour 60 is the best but most expensive. My only thing with Ruth's Chris and Morton's is that they are franchises of US chains -- so there is less value in my opinion.

If you're into steak, there's 2 others I recommend:
La Castile -- Dundas/427 area
Duncan House -- Don Mills/401 area

Someone mentioned the Pearl which is great for Chinese with a view of the water. I agree.

There's really good choices for Mediterranean, Italian, European. Best to find what your customers are into.

If you're going downtown, only one place I know of where people are suckered once into going because of the attraction -- Captain John's. Cool that it's a big old huge yacht, but the food actually sucks and it's not exactly cheap.

NEWBY

Toronto is such a big city -- it actually depends on where you are in the city, really.

If you're downtown, Hy's is really good, Barberian's is not bad either, Harbour 60 is the best but most expensive. My only thing with Ruth's Chris and Morton's is that they are franchises of US chains -- so there is less value in my opinion.

If you're into steak, there's 2 others I recommend:
La Castile -- Dundas/427 area
Duncan House -- Don Mills/401 area

Someone mentioned the Pearl which is great for Chinese with a view of the water. I agree.

There's really good choices for Mediterranean, Italian, European. Best to find what your customers are into.

If you're going downtown, only one place I know of where people are suckered once into going because of the attraction -- Captain John's. Cool that it's a big old huge yacht, but the food actually sucks and it's not exactly cheap.

I will vouch for La Castille but being from Georgetown my money goes to The Cellar. Chef Brady Davis is by far better than Toronto area chefs.

My opinion!!:D

Oldtimer

Try "Small Rooms", on Finch just east of keele...doesnt look like much on the outside...kinda 70's ish on the inside...

But its a hidden gem...

Best Value/Breakfast in the GTA...Coyote Jacks in Ajax, on Harwood...its unbeatable

Maggs

The Cellar

I will vouch for La Castille but being from Georgetown my money goes to The Cellar. Chef Brady Davis is by far better than Toronto area chefs.

My opinion!!:D

Im from Georgetown...I will have to try and spot you out next time Im there............;)

drob

My favourite spot is Terrace on the green on Mississauga Rd right between the Mississauga/Brampton border just past Lion head golf club. By far some of the best food i've ever had.