Excel Transportation

Henry

Does anyone have current payment history with this company? And has anyone used their services?

economy

If this inquiry about Excel Transportation @ 300 PENDANT DR., MISSISSAUGA, ON, they are on our DNU list early 2018. Been dealing with them for years; last couple of years they were consistently paying 120 days plus (got record of numerous invoices). Each payment was coming after numerous phone calls to reach A/P. Finally, spoke to owner who is an arrogant ....... (you know who). We tried to negotiate a better payment terms, but in reply got an answer of: if you don't like what you are getting, put me on DNU list. Hope it helps.

loaders

Site Supporter
Here, once again, is an example of a carrier we use regularly to haul our loads being accused of slow paying carriers they sell freight to. On the service side, as others have mentioned, they are good and do what they promise to do. It just bugs me that my freight goes into their “mix”and how will I know if it’s one of their units hauling it, or someone they have sold it to. We have conditions on our load confirmations that prohibit re-brokering of our loads without our consent, but does it make a difference? I hate having to waste valuable staff time checking customs docs and PARS stickers to verify who did the actual transport. Hmmm, just another one of my pet peeves!!

Rob

Site Supporter
Here, once again, is an example of a carrier we use regularly to haul our loads being accused of slow paying carriers they sell freight to. On the service side, as others have mentioned, they are good and do what they promise to do. It just bugs me that my freight goes into their “mix”and how will I know if it’s one of their units hauling it, or someone they have sold it to. We have conditions on our load confirmations that prohibit re-brokering of our loads without our consent, but does it make a difference? I hate having to waste valuable staff time checking customs docs and PARS stickers to verify who did the actual transport. Hmmm, just another one of my pet peeves!!

What do you do with carrier like me who do not attach pars stickers to loads? My pars numbers are all computer generated and an broker fax cover page is generated and sent to broker that way? The drivers have stickers for the odd shipper that insists that we use them. I guess my point s not all carriers are full of shit. Some of us bend over backwards to do what we say when we say it.

MikeJr

Staff member
Loaders,
I've been following up with Deven (Carrier Relations) in our office as this topic is among the things he discusses with our carriers on the phone and in person. He stresses that our freight tendered to carriers must travel on their equipment, like you it's in our terms and conditions and like you we expect carriers to keep the 2 businesses separate. So far, they have all agreed and also understand why we ask for this. If you don't have the conversation with your supplier then you are asking them to do whatever they like.

Spot checks of paperwork are important nonetheless.

Rob,

You're 100% correct. There are some carriers you can just trust without concern for what they are doing behind the scenes.

Keep well,
Mike

Last edited:

loaders

Site Supporter
Which is exactly why we don’t see your company named on Inside Transport as a slow payer Rob. You, and others of the same professional mindset, operate the old fashioned way, with honesty and integrity. My concerns are never focused on firms such as yours. However, every time I see a posting about a “carrier” who is a slow payer when they broker freight, it is another name added to the watch list.
No question Mikejr, verbally ensuring that everyone understands the rules is extremely worthwhile and can yield positive results, I just wish I could honestly say we have the time to do that with every carrier, every time.