Journey Freight

truehar

Does anyone have any recent payment history on these guys? Also wondering if anyone has reported them to load link recently?

chica123

Site Supporter
We do a bit of work for them. We email our invoices and you really have to be in touch with them and get her to commit to a payment date right from the get go. They are not that fast...usually around 60 days.

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
Kathy in A/P is not good with responding via email. Read receipts will sit for days.

You need to call and speak to her directly for answers - 888-633-1252 ext#3207.

They have always been slow payers with us....

truehar

Cathy had told me a cheque was going in the mail in march. The invoices are over 90 days. I've left her messages and she doesnt return them

chica123

Site Supporter
I agree with DRC. If you get her voicemail , call back. Don't leave a message either by phone or email, or you'll never hear back from her. You sort of have to be a thorn in their side to get your payment even at 60 days.

martinetav

Very important to keep on their backs. Even then they are slow, slow, slow. Most of the time on first contact I will be told that they never received the bill so I have taken the habit of sending it off by e-mail and regular mail.

Now when she tells me they did not receive my e-mail I'll let them know that it was sent by mail also :)

Last edited by a moderator:

boss

Site Supporter
We've been working with Journey for about 6 years. Although I can never recall ever receiving a cheque by mail that was unsolicited, but they always cut a cheque when we call, and cover all invoices in question...but invoices will always run 60-90 days if we don't call them. We still work with them regularly, and are not worrisome about payment, but they are slow. Maybe they are more prompt because we are located right nearby and pickup our cheques, but we feel comfortable working with them...just don't wait by the mailbox expecting payment to come without calling them first.

martinetav

Well, just thought that it would be appropriate to put something rather positive here. Lately Journey has seemed to want to improve. Before the holidays they had improved a bit but...last invoice was sent Dec 2 2014 and we just received payment 27 Jan. 2015.

No trend yet but I thought it was worth mentioning ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Salma

Does anyone have up to date info for this company? Are they still paying around 45 days?

DanielB

Why they might pay their bill in a reasonable amount of time.

They are one of those brokers that leave out details on their confirmations (like appointments etc.). Their dispatchers are just sloppy to work with.

Also... they continually hound you for rates, rates, rates.

Guaranteed... the best carrier doesn't get the job... the cheapest does.

Not on our "do not use" list... but they are on our "are you sure you can't find anything better" list.

Wiley One

Why they might pay their bill in a reasonable amount of time.

They are one of those brokers that leave out details on their confirmations (like appointments etc.). Their dispatchers are just sloppy to work with.

Also... they continually hound you for rates, rates, rates.

Guaranteed... the best carrier doesn't get the job... the cheapest does.

Not on our "do not use" list... but they are on our "are you sure you can't find anything better" list.
Hard to give details on " co brokered freight"

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
We had issues with Journey awhile back. Constantly emailing and following up with zero communication back. A few loads the past couple months - around 55 days to pay.