Motive / Keep Truckin ELD

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Anyone out there using this system?

Used to be called Keep Truckin and changed their name to Motive.

Thinking of a making a switch as my Geotab units have been having intermittent service outages and several units have just stopped working.

Thanks!

dad2andrew

We have it, mind you only 3 trucks running stateside. I haven't got it for my other trucks though yet. Works good for me, easy for drivers to use. Our drivers have ipads in their trucks and it just works on that, complete with the ipad mount to keep it secure.

MLCAR

We use it here as well, great UI and great so far, no major complaints. Only thing that stands out for us is when the drivers use the app on their phones connectivity via Bluetooth to the truck drops once or twice a week or so. Nothing major and usually the drivers or dispatch catches it and its quick and easy to assign the "unidentified" trips. Customer service is pretty good as well, they had someone on the live chat over the weekend that helped with an issue and was resolved in about 30 mins. On the pricey side of ELD's but its been reliable for the last year and 6 months we'ev had it.

truck05

I have been on a trial with Motive, seems to be a good product. Does anyone have any experience or issues with the contract or billing?

YYZRIDER

using it since 2018 .. an excellent product with good tech support service. so much info on the fleet dashboard as well. You will enjoy it!

truck05

Thank you, We've had no major issues with the product other than learning how it works. Just want to make sure the support is there when needed.
We have been with the same ELD for 10yrs, change is sometimes hard but necessary.

LrgCar

Does Motive require you to have your own tablets/data plan? We recently got samsara and its a great product, only thing I don't like is having to have our own tablets and data plan.

bubba-one

Site Supporter
Anyone using the dash cams with Motive, and anyone having billing concerns. Doing a 30 day trial, and they want to sell the dash cams thru Del Computers on a finance contract but they are telling us the cameras are free with 3 yr monthly subscription.

YYZRIDER

Anyone using the dash cams with Motive, and anyone having billing concerns. Doing a 30 day trial, and they want to sell the dash cams thru Del Computers on a finance contract but they are telling us the cameras are free with 3 yr monthly subscription.
Yes that's right you have to bind in a contract in order to get a dash cam for free but again depends on you where do you see your company in the next 3 years, we are in a contract and pay $60 USD all in with a premium plan including everything.

YYZRIDER

Does Motive require you to have your own tablets/data plan? We recently got samsara and its a great product, only thing I don't like is having to have our own tablets and data plan.
Samsara is a by-product of Keep truckin now call as Motive. In motive, you get monthly 500 mb data including in plan per truck. The tablet you have to buy separately.

bcgirl

Anyone out there using this system?

Used to be called Keep Truckin and changed their name to Motive.

Thinking of a making a switch as my Geotab units have been having intermittent service outages and several units have just stopped working.

Thanks!
if anyone is interested we switched from Omnitracs to Samsara and are selling all of our Omnitrac units with cameras - there are roughly 30 of them please let me know if you need any units.

bcgirl

if anyone is interested we switched from Omnitracs to Samsara and are selling all of our Omnitrac units with cameras - there are roughly 30 of them please let me know if you need any units.

LrgCar

How do you like it? we recently switched to Samsara and really like it.

MLCAR

anyone care to share pricing with the other providers? we've been with KT/Motive for 2 years now, its decent for what it does but feels a bit pricey at $600 USD/yr. We are a small fleet so not expecting the large fleet discounts but every dollar helps lol.