Trans-Commercial Logistics

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Anybody out there have recent payment info for this company?

Trans-Commercial Logistics
Gordon Baker Road
Toronto, ON

I have an invoice that is now at 100 days.

Called a couple months ago and we were given a cheque number and mail date.

Called again at 60 days and confirmed mailing address was correct.

Called again a week later and was told someone would call me back the next day. Didn't hear back...

Called again today and requested stop payment on previous cheque and a new one to be couriered to me. Was told someone will call me back today...

Anyone else having trouble collecting from them or just my bad luck?

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
I heard back from their A/P guy...

They are asking me to check in with them again on Friday to see if the cheque is ready...

Am I missing something?

Beep Beep

AP@Transcommercial.com

1 TONU paid 41 days
1 Load paid 44 days

Kinda on par with the rest of Canadian brokerages.
Our payment terms are 21 days from receipt of invoice and clear, signed POD. And we also have QP for 5%

Our clients pay us on receipt of invoice or large clients 10 days. We have dropped many, many accounts that go over our terms because, if they don't pay us in a timely manner, I cannot pay the carrier and my credit rating is far more important than a large account that uses me as their bank.

So, I do not understand the 45, 60, or 100 days (etc) outstanding

MLCAR

I heard back from their A/P guy...

They are asking me to check in with them again on Friday to see if the cheque is ready...

Am I missing something?

Sounds like the classic run around to me, at 60 days past I'd be looking at reaching out to the shipper/receiver, for a payment update. Its unfortunate but once that call has been made its surprising how quickly the check get signed sealed and delivered. I'm sure some forwarders and brokers on here would disagree with me on that method but the reality of it is like @Beep Beep mentioned this trend of 45, 60 to 100 days needs to stop. Good luck to you sir I hope you get paid for the work you did.

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Thanks for all replies...

After getting in touch with the manager at the office I was dealing with, the matter was quickly resolved.

Cheque that was mailed has been stopped, and the payment was re-issued immediately as an Interac email transfer.

All past experiences with this company have been good, so I was surprised when at first I didn't receive payment, and then again when they didn't call me back.

Sometimes it really matters who you talk to.

MarkD

Site Supporter
Over the past year you have had to harass these people and hope to get paid in 70 days. I had hoped the 1st experience was an anomaly but it's a clear trend with them. If they needed to borrow the $500 they could have asked.