Hilarious customer, shipper or receiver comments

TransAction

Hey all, just hoping to add some fun to our Friday. We just booked a load with a customer and she emailed us some interesting instructions:

"Kindly advise carrier not to damage our freight"

Not sure how to respond to this without being completely sarcastic.... Any advice? :p

I'd love to hear some other experiences out there!

Happy Friday!

Igor Galanter

Hey all, just hoping to add some fun to our Friday. We just booked a load with a customer and she emailed us some interesting instructions:

"Kindly advise carrier not to damage our freight"

Not sure how to respond to this without being completely sarcastic.... Any advice? :p

I'd love to hear some other experiences out there!

Happy Friday!
Oh men....
There are different rates for different loads :
  1. Safe load, on time delivery.
  2. Safe load, no promise time of delivery.
  3. Not guarantee condition of the load, on time delivery...
And so on...
Anyway, you get the drift)))

Which one they chose, eh?

Freight Broker

Picked one up this morning.. Instructions on BOL: Receiver fcfs 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Never never NEVER call receiver. DO NOT CALL RECEIVER FOR ANY REASON. Well.. with instructions like that you know I had to call 'em.. curiousity got the better of me. They were actually pretty friendly.

At least now their instructions are a little clearer than they used to be.. for years it was DO NOT CALL RECEIVER FOR ANY REASON. Must call for delivery appointment or load will be refused.

They're getting better!

Last edited:

MikeJr

Staff member
TransAction - love that one. Ask them to package and load the freight in a manner such that it can resist elements of transit over the road in North America. i.e. if you do your job, the freight 99.9% of the time will not get damaged.

Had a request a few years back for a Rolltite with heated service (shipment could not freeze) in the winter. We still bug the client about it a little now and then. Good times.

Keep well, warm and safe,
Mike

bad_spellur

Customer: Wow, the roads are terrible. It took an extra hour to get to work today. So why isn't your truck here yet?

Steph18

The best is when they think you are a taxi stand and think you can magically make a truck appear when they ask you to pick something up.

bad_spellur

The best is when they think you are a taxi stand and think you can magically make a truck appear when they ask you to pick something up.
had a sales rep from one of my customers tell me getting a truck is like ordering an Uber. I suggested he try that next time

Shakey

Site Supporter
TransAction - love that one. Ask them to package and load the freight in a manner such that it can resist elements of transit over the road in North America. i.e. if you do your job, the freight 99.9% of the time will not get damaged.

Had a request a few years back for a Rolltite with heated service (shipment could not freeze) in the winter. We still bug the client about it a little now and then. Good times.

Mike

there is actually such a thing as a heated roll-tite, used for moving paper mill roll. GTI has one

TRKINSURE

I had a carrier tell me (15 years in the business) that he didn’t know His customer needed to declare a value. He yelled at me “$2/lbs!!! WHO EVER HEARD OF THAT RULE” lmao.

MikeJr

Staff member
there is actually such a thing as a heated roll-tite, used for moving paper mill roll. GTI has one

Shoot! I sure learn something new every day. Thank you insidetransport community, I'll be making a donation once my Amex balance returns to $0 after my December overspending is paid off. I'd say sometime near April when I receive my tax return.

Keep well,
Mike

Michael Ludwig

Mike

If you think it, someone has done it ... there actually was a carrier that had heaters on Rolltites ... Knight's Apples out of Colborne area. They didn't work too bad either.

Rob

Site Supporter
If you think it, someone has done it ... there actually was a carrier that had heaters on Rolltites ... Knight's Apples out of Colborne area. They didn't work too bad either.

Douma (old steel haulers from Hamilton) used to have heaters on rack n tarps 25 years ago. Had to keep the frost off the coils and it sure beat double tarping or all the bloody oil they would use if not.

JN1981

On Tuesday this week (snow and ice warnings) customer calls to make sure we will be on time for pickup. His number didn't look familiar on call display, so asked where he was calling from. "I'm staying home today, the roads are too bad to get in"? facepalm We were on time for the pickup despite the poor weather.

Casey

I always mention we are not Dominos Pizza. It's not free if we are a bit late late.