Hilarious customer, shipper or receiver comments

TransAction

The best is when they think you are a taxi stand and think you can magically make a truck appear when they ask you to pick something up.
The issue here is that sometimes we do find some trucks asap and the bar is then raised too high and puts our customers expectations out of wack!

Casey

One time I was explaining to a client in Texas that a shipment would deliver in Toronto a day late due to the weather. She said she understood completely and that she saw a video where a person threw a bucket of water and it froze before it hit the ground. I told her it's true so she'd never question bad weather again. LOL

TransAction

One time I was explaining to a client in Texas that a shipment would deliver in Toronto a day late due to the weather. She said she understood completely and that she saw a video where a person threw a bucket of water and it froze before it hit the ground. I told her it's true so she'd never question bad weather again. LOL
I heard on the radio the other day that once those evaporating water videos went viral there was an influx of people visiting hospital emergency rooms with 2nd degree burns on their face and head. A simple reminder that if you're going to throw bowling water in the air, throw it away from yourself. :rolleyes:

Michael Ludwig

@ TransAction ... if you actually have to remind someone of that, don't you think they would be a prime candidate for the Darwin files ??? ... LOL

TransAction

@ TransAction ... if you actually have to remind someone of that, don't you think they would be a prime candidate for the Darwin files ??? ... LOL
No sure what the Darwin files are so I googled it and all I see is the Darwin Awards which these people definitely should be in the running for.

TransAction

Customer response; We have a lower rate from another carrier but they have no availability
Oh rates, ya I have a tonne of those!
Customer: "I received your quote for $2,000 but we have another one from a competitor at the same rate. My boss wants me to use the best rate so can you requote me $1,999?"

I gave them a hard NO on that one.... ridiculous....:mad:

Michael Ludwig

Many moons ago we used to haul flowers for Fernlea (remember those days?). Every year, about this time actually, they would reach out to every carrier with a reefer and ask for rates. Subsequently they would create a list of lanes with cheapest carriers at the top, and most expensive at the bottom. Quite frequently I was at the bottom of the list for most lanes.
About 1/2 way through the season we get a call for a load to Rochester, NY. I am at the bottom of that lane list, and I know it.
Shipper: We need a truck to load this afternoon and deliver to Rochester tomorrow morning.
Me: I have one. You know what my rate is.
Shipper: Yes, I know what your rate is, but we have carriers with lower rates.
Me: Then you better call them. Click.
Oddly, that was last season we ever hauled for them ... LOL. Frankly, one of my better decisions.

TransAction

We had a pick up request yesterday at 3:30pm for a skid heading to the USA. My customer ships until 5pm so I said we would try to get it but if not would have to be tomorrow. Carrier made it there at 4:45 pm and shipper told them freight was not ready. When I told my client there would be a pick up attempt fee of $50 I had to speak to her manager. He told me he thought it was ridiculous that we sent a truck in at 4:45pm. I told him his hours show until 5pm and he said yes but his office people are only there until 4pm and they had the paperwork and I should know this information. Urghhh...... :confused:

jackhole

Many moons ago we used to haul flowers for Fernlea (remember those days?). Every year, about this time actually, they would reach out to every carrier with a reefer and ask for rates. Subsequently they would create a list of lanes with cheapest carriers at the top, and most expensive at the bottom. Quite frequently I was at the bottom of the list for most lanes.
About 1/2 way through the season we get a call for a load to Rochester, NY. I am at the bottom of that lane list, and I know it.
Shipper: We need a truck to load this afternoon and deliver to Rochester tomorrow morning.
Me: I have one. You know what my rate is.
Shipper: Yes, I know what your rate is, but we have carriers with lower rates.
Me: Then you better call them. Click.
Oddly, that was last season we ever hauled for them ... LOL. Frankly, one of my better decisions.
I love the way these Nursery guy's think we can lock in rates for seasonal business. Should all be spot quoted at time of shipping . Nursery stock = Produce = you get the rate of the day.

Michael Ludwig

You know why we haul nursery stock and produce don't you ???
It's like going to Vegas ... the only thing is we tend to forget that the house ALWAYS wins ... LOL

Rob

Site Supporter
You know why we haul nursery stock and produce don't you ???
It's like going to Vegas ... the only thing is we tend to forget that the house ALWAYS wins ... LOL

Been hauling nursery stock for the same customer since I was a driver and one of the best deals going (I guess we have the right customer). Produce sucks but we do have one good deal doing it if you are so inclined and need help again Michael,

GaryS

My all time favourite is, “your driver just left and he took the wrong shipment”. I suppose the shipment magically loaded itself onto the truck without the assistance of human intervention.
Yes. The classic, "can you tell your driver to turn around because he grabbed the wrong product." LOL

greesey spoon

I've actually done these loads for him, they are pretty easy , 1 pick 1 drop comes with docs, inspection at delivery , and it pays well

Last edited:

Michael Ludwig

Bahahahahahahahahaha ...
Pretty sure I don't need reefer training ... but I will admit it's been a very long time since I hauled a load of meat across the border :)